Our Security Process
- Visitors to the Park are required to submit to airport style security screening before boarding vessels departing from Battery Park and Liberty State Park. Visitors to the interior of the Statue of Liberty Monument undergo additional security screening upon entry inside the Statue.
- All persons and property are subject to search prior to boarding ferries. All items considered inappropriate or prohibited will be confiscated and retained by the United States Park Police.
- Large bags are not allowed on Liberty Island or Ellis Island.
- There are no locker facilities at the New York and New Jersey departure points.
- Backpacks, strollers and large umbrellas are not permitted inside the Monument
- Food (even unopened) and drinks (including water) are not allowed inside the Statue of Liberty
- Prohibited items include: Firearms, Explosives or Flammables, Knives or Sharp objects (including tools) Pepper Spray, Mace and All markers (permanent or erasable)
Security is managed by the United States Park Police.